A: From our blog: “Septic Tank Maintenance – What You Need to Know”
- Step one: Keep septic tank organism alive and well
- Step two: Conserve water
- A septic system can process only so much water at a time. Practice basic water conservation measures (which you should be doing anyway), such as turning off faucets while brushing teeth.
- Step three: Maintain your drain field
- The drain field is a crucial part of a septic system. It removes the contaminants and waste products from the liquid released from the septic tank after the process of anaerobic digestion
- Step four: When to have the tank pumped out
- The septic tank holds wastewater until solid debris settles at the bottom of the tank